Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Pay: $11 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
Performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings, mechanical equipment and utility systems in a manufacturing environment.
• Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment
• Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
• Cleans and inspects boiler; treats water with proper chemicals.
• Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems.
• Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
• May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
• Installs electrical wiring and equipment and replaces and repairs wiring as needed.
• Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches.
• May install computer cable.
• Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.