Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Building and Construction
Pay: $14 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
The Buyer/Expeditor will be responsible for procurement of materials and services for use on residential and commercial constructions jobs. The Buyer/Expeditor will also participate in inventory activities, including cycle counts.
1. Interface with Project Administrators, Branch Coordinators and Project Managers to secure material for jobs at competitive pricing.
2. Transact supply chain and procurement activity in JD Edwards.
3. Follow up, schedule, and expedite deliveries with suppliers for issued purchase orders, working with Project Administrators and Branch Production Coordinator to coordinate shipments of material.
4. Maintain close coordination with internal departments to develop and manage forecasts and project start dates.
5. Reconcile a project by project Open Orders Report to ensure on-time material deliveries, resolve supplier issues, concerns, or other needs.
1. Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or other related field or equivalent experience.
2. 3 - 5 years of experience in procurement, logistics, and/or inventory cycle counts.
3. Flooring purchasing background preferred not required.
4. Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Team-oriented workstyle.
7. Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of an organization.
8. Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
9. Willingness/flexibility to support procurement team in variety of material management related activities.
10. Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines.
11. Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes and recommend corrective actions.
12. Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast paced and constantly evolving environment as well as extended hours as required.
13. Ability to work as a team player and independently.
14. Enthusiastic, energetic, and assertive.