Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Pay: $14.50 - $15.50 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
Manpower, global workforce solutions leader in Volusia County is hiring for Test Engineer in Deland.
Position Summary: Provide leadership to personnel in assigned area including dispensing work assignments, monitoring output and resolving problems of lower level staff in addition to performing direct labor activities.
• Assign work within the area of responsibility based on information from various sources.
• Coordinate activities within the area of responsibility to ensure tasks are completed on schedule in a cost effective manner.
• Ensure personnel utilize equipment and material that are in compliance for calibration, maintenance and end of life dates.
• Ensure personnel comply with ISO, Inventory and Human Resources policies.
• Assist in effective direction and coordination within the assigned area to ensure the output meets published workmanship standards and employees are working in accordance with documented instructions.
• Recommend changes in documentation to ensure high quality results.
• Provide feedback to employees on quality-related issues.
• Ensure targets for efficiency and utilization are met.
• Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives and support company safety program.
• Recommend more efficient and effective processes.
• Participate in customer discussions as required.
• Identify and work to resolve problems that develop, escalating problems encountered to supervisor when necessary with recommendations for solutions.
• Support completion of reports and required paperwork.
• Help create a work environment that stimulates team work, innovation and employee involvement.
• Ensure personnel receive essential basic skills training per current training requirements.
• Ensure personnel assigned to an activity have the proper skills to perform required tasks.
• Assist in training personnel and provide guidance in following procedures, using equipment and troubleshooting difficult problems.
• Provide input for performance evaluations, development programs and disciplinary action.
• Assist in staffing area of responsibility.
• Perform direct labor where properly trained and charge time to meet utilization targets.
• Work overtime as necessary.
• High school diploma.
• Associates degree in related technology or equivalent training preferred.
• Three years of related experience preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, etc.:
• IPC-A-610 or acquired within three months after hire
• J-STD-001 or acquired within three months after hire
• IPC-WHMA-A-620 certification a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Hands-on experience with testing techniques and tools such as ICT, JTAG, burn-in, and system functional tests.
• Hands-on manufacturing experience in electrical/electronics and electromechanical assembly.
• Good documentation skills; attention to detail is critical.
• Working knowledge at an intermediate level of MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to read documentation used in responsible area.
• Professional attitude and demeanor.
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and problem-solving.
• Flexible with high energy, able to handle multiple tasks smoothly.
• Exhibit leadership skills and organizational abilities.
• Excellent communications skills (listening, writing).
Must pass National Background check and Drug Screen.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME.