SOLDER OPERATOR II DELAND
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Pay: $12 - $13.50 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
Manpower, the global leader in workforce solutions for Volusia County is looking for a Level 2 Solder Operator in Deland.
Position Summary: Build through-hole (THT) and surface mount (SMT) printed circuit board assemblies, placing components on boards per controlled parts lists, drawing documentation and quality workmanship guidelines.
• Perform simple repair of printed circuit board assemblies.
• Perform modification work to circuit boards including trace cuts and adding jumpers.
• Hand solder SMT components per specifications.
• Hand solder THT components per specifications.
• Operate equipment such as aqueous cleaner.
• Assist, as required, with the operation of wave solder or selective solder machines.
• Wire and solder prototypes and other complex assemblies of unique or unusual design per applicable specifications.
• Cut and form (prep) components.
• Perform manual placement of THT components.
• Assemble chassis components using a variety of hardware.
• Assemble electromechanical devices using a variety of hardware.
• Recommend changes in documentation to ensure high quality results.
• Provide limited direction to Solder Operator 1 personnel.
• Perform other assignments as required.
• Work under limited supervision.
• May receive direction from group leader.
• No direct reports.
• High school diploma.
• Five years of printed circuit board solder experience preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, etc.:
• IPC-A-610 or acquired within three months after hire
• J-STD-001 preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read and interpret engineering assembly drawings.
• Ability to read and understand production drawings.
• Ability to read and follow assembly instructions.
• Basic soldering skills.
• Basic component identification skills.
• Ability to build electronic assemblies.