MANUFACTURING LAB TECHNICIANS- DAYTONA BEACH
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Pay: $12 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
Manpower, global leader in workforce solutions is hiring Manufacturing Lab Technicians.
This role, in conjunction with the shift supervisor, plan, coordinate, and communicate production activities in addition to performing normal daily lab and test functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Starts up plating lines
• Perform pre-production analysis (process validation)
• Makes necessary chemical adjustments based on analysis results
• Ability to perform titrations IAW in Accordance With customer specifications.
• Maintains chemical inventory (lab, process)
• Properly receives and stores chemicals
• Paperwork – Bath maintenance Log, labeling, manifests, materials requisition.
• Clean tanks, filter press and sumps.
• Performs calibration of lab equipment and waste treatment pH probes
• Performs chemical maintenance as scheduled (Make up and reagents)
• Chemical make-up of reagent and process tanks as instructed by Coating Supervisor
• Performs required tests (Thickness, Coating Weight, Salt Spray, Oil Panels, etc…)
• Monitors and expedites Work In Process (WIP) and completed orders
• Assist in maintaining safe work environment, disperse supplies and fill out proper accident reports as required.
• Overtime and weekends required.
• Other duties may be assigned by the Coating Department Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
• Chemical Handling training (PPE)
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to effectively communicate information with managers and other employees, both orally and in writing.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate surface area.
Required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to mechanical, electrical and chemical hazards. The employee is occasionally exposed to uncomfortable cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
***All employees in the Coating Department are required to wear proper protective (PPE) equipment as required per OSHA.