HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN- WEST VOLUSIA
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Trade and Services
Pay: $15 - $20 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
Manpower, Global Leader in Workforce Solutions for over 70 years is hiring HVAC Service Technicians in West Volusia, Deland, Debary, Orange City.
• The purpose of the Service Technician is to represent the company in the field by performing service calls at commercial and residential properties. The Service Technician is responsible for working independently (or as a team, as needed) to diagnose and repair HVAC systems for customers.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for greeting customers in a professional and appropriate manner while performing service calls
• Communicate regularly with the dispatcher to receive information on daily schedule
• Investigate issues and perform relevant repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling, ventilation, and filtration systems
• Maintain high quality of service and customer interaction at all times
• Maintain adequate inventory on company provided vehicle
• Process payments provided by customers at time of service call, and report any non-paid balances to the dispatcher for collection
• Provide accurate time sheets reflecting duration of service calls, drive time, restock, and breaks.
• Debrief at the completion of each service call to provide information on required follow-up, restock, and equipment location
• Ensure proper maintenance of company vehicle
• Report to the Service Manager on any issues that cannot be diagnosed/corrected independently
• Able to work as needed and be an “on-call” rotation for evening and weekend shifts (appropriate response time required)
• Other duties as assigned.
o High School Diploma or GED required
o Technical Diploma/certificate in HVAC required
o Minimum of 3-5 years of HVAC experience preferred
o Comfortable and able to listen, speak, and respond efficiently to internal and external customers consistently throughout the day
o Use of telephone, radio, and email is a main requirement of the position, and the ability to use effective verbal and written communication is required
o Ability to provide exceptional customer service through verbal communication is necessary
o Expert level HVAC diagnostic and technical skills are required
o Ability to work independently in the field, and function as a part of a team as needed
o Customer service skills and professionalism are of utmost importance
o Comfortable performing tasks requiring physical strength and agility
o Knowledgeable on proper use of gauges and tools for accurate diagnosis and repairs of HVAC issues
o EPA Universal Certification required
o NATE Certification required
o Clear/active FL driver’s license required
Working conditions for the Service Technician include working outdoors and indoors on commercial business properties, as well as residential homes in the West Volusia geographical area. Job sites will include spaces with limited ventilation, extreme temperatures, and small enclosed areas.
The Service Technician will be required to lift heavy equipment for the purpose of performing A/C and heating unit repairs and requires significant physical abilities to perform their job effectively. Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying, climbing/balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations and visual acuity.