GRINDER/PUNCH PRESS OPERATOR
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Pay: $12.50 - $13 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
What’s in it for you?
• Full-time hours
• Choice of 1st or 2nd shift
• $12.50-$13.00 per hour depending on shift
• Potential to be hired on!
What is the job?
• Measure completed work to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, and/or rulers.
• Examine completed work for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
• Read work orders/production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
• Load work into machine.
• Set-up and start machine, monitor operations, and record operational data.
• Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
• Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
• Clean and lubricate machines.
• Spot Welding when required.
Do you enjoy running equipment to create a high-quality product? Do you have outstanding attention to detail and the ability to keep track of multiple tasks at once? If so, check out this position through Manpower.
What you bring to the job?
• High school diploma or equivalent (such as a GED)
• 1+ years experience in metal fabrication setting, or equivalent training
• Math Skills, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing unites of measurement.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, including work orders.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply today at www.applymanpower.com and select the Chippewa Falls Office! If you would like more information please contact our recruiters at 715.835.2299.
We love referrals so please share this job opportunity with friends and family.