1ST & 2ND SHIFT PRESS OPERATORS IN ORMOND BEACH
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Pay: $10 - $11 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
No résumé is required for this position.
MANPOWER, the premiere workforce solutions provider in Staffing for 70 years is hiring Machine Press Operators for Manufacturing in Ormond Beach.
Job Description: Press Operators (Level 1)
Operates single, double action, hydraulic or mechanical presses and other equipment necessary to perform a wide range of production operations such as draw, re-draw, trimming, sizing, flattening, piercing, ironing, etc.
Shift: 1st & 2nd Shift Available
(must be able to work weekends and OVERTIME)
Weekly Pay: $9.75-10.00hr+ (DOE)
• Conducts required quality checks.
• Maintains quality standards.
• Notifies leader or quality assurance if quality standards are not met.
Records production information.
• Records quantity produced, scrap, materials used and operations(s) completed utilizing manufacturing operating system.
Observes all press operator safety rules and procedures.
• Performs initial and periodic checks (visual and manual) on die, punch, bolts, brackets, etc. to ensure the set-up is secure and safe to run.
Reports equipment or die problems to die setter or leader immediately. Works in other departments or areas on related operations as needed (repair, inspection/packing, modification, etc.) Maintains workplace organization and housekeeping.
• Keeps work area, equipment, supplies, etc. in a neat and orderly condition.
• Disposes of scrap in proper containers.
Performs SPC (Statistical Process Control) as required and reports non-conformance to Quality Assurance representatives. Follows all safety rules and procedures. Participates as a member of the Manufacturing Team.
• Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
• Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
• Attends appropriate team meetings.
• As a member of the Manufacturing Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
• Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the
• Leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues effecting cohesiveness.
• Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
6 month minimum of Manufacturing Experience
6 months of Machine Operating experience
Must pass 7 year Criminal Background Check
Must pass Drug Screen