Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Trade and Services
Pay: $20 - $25 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
Manpower has partnered with a growing company in Des Moines. Our client is a privately owned manufacturer in the building products. They are seeking a equipment mechanic to service and repair the equipment that is used throughout the facility.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Make sure all equipment is operating safe and proper – including trailer, heavy equipment and hydraulics maintenance
• Make sure preventative maintenance schedules are being followed
• Ensure that all scheduled maintenance tasks are accomplished
• Maintain equipment records including all costs being spent on each piece of equipment
• Communicate to Foreman inventory of specific parts to eliminate down time
• Ensure all trailer inspections and repairs to be in compliance with DOT
• Follow all OSHA and ANSI regulations
• Sample boiler water to make sure it is running in the recommended range
• If a piece of equipment is found to be unsafe, make sure it is locked and tagged out and not used until the repairs have been made
• Assist in maintaining inventory log of parts so that we do not end up with overstock.
• Receive approval for all capital expenditures for plant projects so that accounts payable can keep an accurate up to date budget.
• Internally works closely with all operators to identify problems with equipment.
• Communicate Safety Hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately
• Daily 5S compliance
• Review work area with area Foreman & communicate non-compliance through the Maintenance Foreman
• Support safety program and training (Certification of Uni-loader / Bobcat, End loader, Forklift, etc.)
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent, 2 year degree a plus
Knowledge and skills: Mechanically inclined, management, and communications skills required.
Previous Experience: 3 years experience in mechanical maintenance desired